Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bulgarian Week

I've been focusing on Bulgarian this week. In the past, I've glanced around at various grammar features, so I'm familiar with some basic stuff, such as being able to identify the definite article equivalents, but I'm definitely still a beginner. I like to start reading immediately, even if just a short paragraph, so I printed off an article about Valentine's Day, which I'll try to translate over the next couple of days. Of course having a dictionary helps, and although I prefer a print dictionary I can pull off the shelf, I do have a nice online version bookmarked: Bulgarian Dictionary. It includes idioms, shows the plural form, and indicates where the stress falls, which is irregular in Bulgarian. A Cyrillic keyboard is also available, so that's a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portuguese on YouTube Resources

There are three YouTube channels I follow for learning Portuguese: Learn Portuguese with Dri and Lud Português com Marcia Macedo Street Smar...